Linda Torczon served as the faculty director of the professional master’s program in the Department of Computer Science from 2016 to 2017. She served as Assistant Chair of the Department of Computer Science from 2013 to 2016.
Dr. Torczon has also served as the Executive Director and a principal investigator of a number of different research efforts headquartered at Rice University, including:
- Center for Research on Parallel Computation, an NSF Science and Technology Center, 1990 to 2000
- Los Alamos Computer Science Institute, a collaboration between Rice University and Los Alamos National Laboratory (funded by DOE), 1998 to 2006
- Center for High Performance Software Research, Rice University, 2000 to 2006
- The GrADS and VGrADS Projects, NSF-sponsored, multi-institution projects, 2003 to 2009
- Platform-Aware Compilation Environment project, DARPA-sponsored, multi-institutional project.